Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cardington December Work

In December, I have installed new entry doors (front and rear) to the house. My friend and I also replaced the entry door and large windows in the outbuilding. Electric has been restored in this shed/outbuilding now and I am trimming out the door and windows.



The wood deck flooring is complete, leaving the railings to be built soon.



The pit remaining from the demo of the old detached garage is partly filled and I will build a privacy fence around that part of the new rear yard.



I framed the new floor level over the former garage/photostudio to a higher level to match the floor level of the main house.



When the weather got warmer, I did alot of work on the front yard. I demolished and partly relocated (as much as could be salvaged and lifted!) the concrete sidewalk to the former studio entry door to use the concrete for building landscape steps to the front house entry. Since this was grueling work, the concrete walk sections did not break apart cleanly and lifting concrete walks is heavy....the remaining path to the front door was built with stone pavers in a mortar bed.



Both front and rear entry doors have been replaced now.


No comments: