Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cardington After-Demo Work

Demolition took a couple months to complete. I filled two 30 yard roll-off containers full of trash from the house in materials, walls, debris and junk. Once demolition was completed, we started installing a new roof on the shed/outbuilding and had new vinyl windows installed, including a 12-ft wide rear picture window. A severe termite problem was uncovered as I tore out the walls of the photo studio which has now been treated repeatedly with a warranty.




































I tore out the stair to the attic and have rebuilt it, with the help of my friend.






I had to tear out all the walls of the old studio, as they were cardboard panels which were mostly eaten by termites.



I framed a new roof over the existing flat roof , which extended over the rear portion of the house and additions.



And I poured a new concrete stoop over the old very small stoop at the front entry.



A new rear wood deck is being installed.

No comments: